II. General Information
1. Operator of the www.distance.eu Service is DISTANCE.
2. The Service performs the functions of obtaining information about users in the following manner:
a) by voluntarily entering information in forms;
b) by saving the so-called “cookies” on the terminal devices;
c) by saving connection parameters and technical access logs (including your IP address.
III. Gathering personal data
1. The Service collects information provided voluntarily by the user.
2. The Service may furthermore save information on connection settings (marking time, IP address)
3. The data shall be made available to external entities only within the limits permitted by law.
4. The data allowing identification of natural person will be made available only upon consent of that person.
5. In accordance with article 18(6) of the Act of 18th July 2002 on provision of electronic services (Dz. U. [Journal of Laws] of 2002 No. 144, item 1204) DISTANCE may be required to release information on users, in particular computer’s IP number, contained in access logs, at the request of competent authority under the laws of the State for the purposes of their proceedings.
6. The database of personal data kept by DISTANCE has been reported to the Inspector General for the Protection of Personal Data.
7. DISTANCE allows the users to conduct operations aiming at modification or complete removal of their personal data from the database. To modify personal data, please log into the system and perform change in the profile or delete content from data fields.
1. “Cookies” used by DISTANCE are safe for user’s device. In particular, viruses or other unwanted software or malware cannot enter into user devices through these files. These files allow identification of software used by the user and adaptation of the Service individually to each user.
2. DISTANCE uses two types of cookies:
a) session “cookies”: they are stored on the user’s device and remain there until the end of the browser session. The recorded information is then permanently deleted from device memory. The session “cookies” do not allow downloading any personal data or any confidential information from the user’s device.
b) permanent “cookies”: they are stored on the user’s device and remain there until they are deleted. Ending the browser session or switching the device off does not delete them from the user’s device. The permanent “cookies” do not allow downloading any personal data or any confidential information from the user’s device.
V. Managing “cookies”
1. If the user does not want to receive “cookies” he or she can change browser settings. DISTANCE reserves that disabling cookies necessary for the processes of authentication, security, maintenance of the user’s preferences can make difficult, and in extreme cases, even prevent use of the website.
2. In order to manage the settings of “cookies” the user should choose a browser or system from the list below, and follow the instructions:
VI. Purpose of using personal data and “cookies”
DISTANCE uses personal information and “cookies” for the following purposes:
a) Service configuration:
- adaptation of Service content to user preferences and optimisation of using the Service websites,
- identify the service user’s device and its location and properly display the webpage, tailored to its individual needs,
- remember settings chosen by the user and the user interface personalization,
- remember history of visited pages on the service in order to recommend content;
b) User Authentication on the site and to ensure user sessions on the site:
- maintenance of service user session (after logging in), so that the user does not have to retype login and password on every page of the service,
- proper configuration of selected functions of the Service, allowing in particular verification of the browser session authenticity,
- optimise and increase the efficiency of services provided by DISTANCE,
- storing user cart content in online store,
- determining user profile in order to display tailored materials in advertising networks;
c) Implementation of processes necessary for full functionality of websites:
- adaptation of websites’ content to user preferences and optimisation of using the service. In particular these files allow identifying basic parameters of the user device and properly display a web page, tailored to its individual needs,
- correct handling of the affiliate program, allowing in particular verification of sources users’ of redirection to web pages of the service;
d) Analysis and testing and auditing audience:
- create anonymous statistics that help us to understand how users of the service use the service websites, which allows improvement structure and content;
e) Provide advertising services
- adapt third party services and products advertisements presented through the Service;
f) Ensure safety and reliability of the service.
VII. Final information